Sunday 9 June 2013

Review - Ebay 'Joursna' stippling Makeup brush

Good afternoon!
 
 Today I am going to be reviewing a recently purchased Makeup brush that I brought off ebay. I brought this from a seller based in Hong Kong for the pretty impressive price of £2.59 with FREE shipping. It was estimated to take a good 3-4 weeks which I guess is reasonable for free shipping, but surprisingly it arrived through my letter box in about 1 week, which as you can imagine made me very excited.
The 'Joursna' stippling brush
 
I have been looking all over the internet for what seems months now for a good stippling brush to apply my foundation as I am getting bored of the bog standard foundation brush. Now, what you may notice is this looks awfully a lot like the real techniques brushes. I'm not sure whether this brand is trying to make cheaper 'dupes' for real techniques, but if so then who really cares. I'm not complaining!
 
 
 
My first thoughts were that it was a very good brush for the price. It seemed very sturdy, and didn't feel like it was going to brake as soon as I held it. Being the impatient and ridiculously excited person I am, I of course had to go try it out as soon as I got my sticky mits on it, which may of meant having to take all my makeup off to then re-apply with this brush.
 
 
 
 As you can see, the bristles are actually really good quality, really dense and really soft. I was really impresses with how this brush applied my foundation. Since I have had it, I have tried it with both liquid and mousse foundation and it applied both really well. Although I have never tried the 'higher end' brushes e.g. real techniques so I can't compare, I am very happy with this brush and have no real complaints. At first, I pulled the bristles gently and worryingly, a few came out. However, since then I have pulled and pulled and apart from a couple no more have fell out, which again, I am very impressed and surprised at because of the price.
 
 
 The only worry I do have is the staining of the brush because of the white tip bristles. I have used this for about a week now, and washed it well with baby shampoo and water before I reviewed it, and if you look closely you can see in the middle a faint orangey stain from the foundation. I'm sure by the time I've used this brush to it's death, you will not be able to see any white tips. However, for the price, this does not bother me as I will simply buy another.
 
 
 
There was a few 'fly-a-ways' at the sides and some extra long bristles coming out the top but nothing a little trimming can't fix.
 
 
 
Overall, I am very happy with my new brush. So bravo Hong Kong for supplying bargain hunters like me amazing quality products at low prices. I hope I have shown you how good this brush is, and if you want to purchase this product then you may find it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-Cosmetic-Stipple-Fiber-Powder-Blush-Brush-Foundation-Makeup-Tool/140932950423?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8254443160469737416%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D140932950423%26   Here! (Wow, that's a long link.) I understand they also do some other brushes from a blush brush to a powder brush so go check it out, what have you got to lose!
 
I hope you are having a lovely day what ever you are doing, and make sure to leave a comment on what you think, as I love reading your thoughts and I shall see you next time :)
 
Elzie xo
 


 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link i just ordered 4 of them :) oooops
    ----
    beautykissesuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've had it ages now and it's still amazing! Definately worth the money ;)

      Delete